As a ministry of Pendleton Center United Methodist Church, Genesis Preschool exists to provide your children with a quality Christian preschool experience.
Recognizing each child as a unique individual, we seek to provide a comfortable atmosphere in which to grow, thus allowing each child's development to blossom in a natural way.
Our preschool is taught by experienced teachers. We also put to use the dedication and talents of volunteers, including parents of the preschoolers. It is the goal of Genesis Preschool to work together with families to provide a positive and loving environment in which to learn.
All children are admitted without regard to race, color, or creed.
Class Schedule 2019-2020
- 3-year-old Preschool classes will be held on Tuesday and Thursday: an AM class from 9:00-11:30, and a PM class from 12:30-3:00.
- 4-year-old Kindergarten Readiness classes will be held on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9:00-11:30 AM and, if sufficient interest, 12:30-3:00 PM.
- 4 & 5-year old Kindergarten Readiness class will be held Monday thru Friday from 9:30 AM - noon.
- Classes begin the Monday following the public school's opening. We follow the Starpoint School calendar in regard to holidays and school vacations. There are some exceptions: closed 2 full weeks at Christmas; Thursday – Monday for Memorial Day; and, we end classes mid-June. We close due to inclement weather when Starpoint closes. We may on occasion close for bad weather when Starpoint doesn’t. Check channels 2, 4, or 7 for Genesis Preschool closings.
Admission and Costs 2019-2020
Beginning Thursday, February 1, families of current or former preschool students, as well as members of our church, are given first priority to enroll their children. On Friday, March 1, we open up enrollment to the general public.
- All children turning 3 or 4 years old by December 1st are eligible for preschool. Registration Fee - $40.00 (non-refundable) reserves your child’s place in the class.
- Payment: You will be issued a statement depending on which payment option you choose: Annual, Bi-Annual, or Monthly. Statements will be issued around the 15th of the month for payments due on the 1st of the following month. No refunds will be given for sick days or family vacations.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE MONTH’S ADVANCE TUITION is due by June 1, 2019, and will be applied to the final month, June 2020. If your plans change and you decide not to send your child to Genesis Preschool, please contact us as soon as possible. We will issue refunds for your one month’s advance tuition by July 31, 2019. No refunds will be made after this date.
3 Year old (2 days, T/Th)
- ANNUAL - $980
- BI-ANNUAL - $513
- MONTHLY - $108
4 Year old (3 days, M/W/F)
- ANNUAL - $1,450
- BI-ANNUAL - $765
- MONTHLY - $159
4 & 5 Year old (5 days, M-F)
- ANNUAL - $2,408
- BI-ANNUAL - $1,264
- MONTHLY - $265
To register your child or make an appointment to see the Preschool, please contact Gidget Meland at 716-625-8306. Orientation information will be mailed in August.
Health and Safety
- A health form we provide must be completed by a physician & returned before your child can start school.
- All children must be toilet trained.
- Arrival and dismissal: All children must be walked to and from the building by an adult. Children will not be released to anyone but a parent or guardian without written consent.
- Sick children should not come to school. Please report any infectious diseases to the teacher. No medications can be administered by the preschool staff.
- Please update all emergency contacts and medical information if it changes at any time during the year.
A nutritious snack will be provided each session by parents on a rotating basis. Snacks should be low in sugar and fat, and high in protein. A suggested list of snacks will be available at orientation. Parents will be responsible for providing the snack and drink (fruit juice or milk) on the day assigned. Allergies will be addressed individually.
We will have several field trips throughout the school year and will need parent drivers. All children must have a signed permission slip to attend any field trip. All drivers must have proper seat belt and/or car seat arrangements.
Children should be dressed comfortably and ready to play. Rubber soled shoes (preferably sneakers) are required at all times. Please mark your child's name on all belongings.
While it is not required that parents participate in our sessions, we encourage you to do so. We encourage all family members to share any special talents with the class for enrichment. We will call upon parents also to help with field trips, fundraisers, special events, and as Room Parents. Parent/teacher conferences will be scheduled during the year, or you can arrange for a conference at the teacher’s convenience.