It's that time of year again! Spring cleaning and soon you ladies will be "changing" your purses. If you have a purse that you are just not using any more, consider donating it to be given to someone less fortunate. We will also be collecting "things" to put in the purses - bar soap, body wash, deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste, body lotion, chap stick, brushes, combs, little tissue packs, socks, shampoo, breakfast bars, granola bars, candy, gum - just about anything that you'd have in your purse (basics). A small denomination ($5) gift card to Tim Horton's would be an extra special addition. Collection will end Sunday, May 27. Please leave in collection bin in Mission Central.
Seeds for Souls
We are collecting packages of ORGANIC fruit and vegetable seeds for Red Bird Mission in the Appalachia region. They currently have 55 families who participate in the program. Families and the elderly are helped out with guidance, seeds, and tools to create a garden to help feed their family and to also sell their produce at a local farmers market. This area is not close to supermarkets with fresh produce as we are used to. Remember - ORGANIC SEEDS ONLY! Check the packages and make sure they are organic seeds. These seeds are available locally at Walmart, Home Depot, and Lowe’s. The seeds at Dollar General, Dollar Tree, and Family Dollar are NOT organic and cannot be used by this project. There is a bin in mission alley to drop them into. We will be collecting them until Sunday, May 13.
Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward them for what they have done. -Proverbs 19:17
Feeding the Hungry
- Feeding the Hungry in Buffalo: Pendleton Center Church prepares and serves a meal one Sunday per month in the Seneca Babcock area of Buffalo at Seneca Street United Methodist Church. Seneca Street United Methodist Church serves a urban-poor neighborhood with many single mothers and their children.
- Feeding the Hungry in Niagara Falls: On the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Thursdays of each month Pendleton Center Church prepares and serves a free meal in the LaSalle area of Niagara Falls at First United Methodist Church. This inner-city church sits in a depressed residential and business area, that once boomed with Niagara Falls Industry. Now home to the elderly and lower-income persons, the outreach opportunities for the church are great. For more information contact Pastor Jean Edmister at email@example.com.
- Food Pantry: Pendleton Center Church maintains a collection bin for non-perishable foods for the Pendleton Food Pantry, which serves the Pendleton Community.
- 30 Hour Famine: Youth receive sponsors and participate in 30 hours of fasting, while learning about world hunger. Funds collected go to World Vision to feed starving children around the world. For more information contact Pastor Sherry Mahar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thanksgiving Baskets: At Thanksgiving we distribute hundreds of baskets of food for those who would otherwise do without. For more information contact Gidget Hughes at email@example.com.
Meeting the Needs
- Inside Out Ministry: Pendleton Center Church collects gently used and new furniture and household items and stores them until a call comes in from an individual or family in need. Items are then delivered to the individual or family home. For more information contact Gidget Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Veterans Ministry: Various items are collected throughout the year for veterans in the Post-Traumatic Stress Ward at the Veterans Hospital.
- Nicaragua Mission: A wide variety of items are collected throughout the year and delivered to Nicaragua.
- Youth Mission Trip: Teens go on a week long trip to do hands on work on homes in impoverished areas.
- Raking Leaves: Youth rake leaves for those who are elderly or disabled.
- Operation Christmas Child: We send toys and essentials to children all over the world all wrapped up in a shoebox.
- Angel Tree: Providing Christmas gifts to children in need within our own congregation, the inner city and through referrals at Christmas time.
- Children’s Christian Education Mission Projects: Our Christian Education Program for children works on two to three mission projects each school year.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com or (716) 625-8306.